CHILI COOKOFF & CAMPOREE
October 28 @ 3:30 pm - October 29 @ 3:00 pm$6.00 - $12.00
Just because the pool is closed doesn’t mean the fun has to stop! We’re kicking off fall with a fun-filled day and evening that you won’t want to miss.
Join us Saturday, October 28th for
NORTHCREST’S FIRST ANNUAL CHILI COOKOFF
- ENTRANTS: Calling all cooks! Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Do you want to impress your fellow neighbors with your chili cookin’ skilz? Look no further than Northcrest Swim and Tennis Club’s first Chili Cookoff. Enter the competition and vie for the GRAND PRIZE of a free 2018 Northcrest Swim and Tennis Club membership (transferrable, but not for resale or cash value) and bragging rights! If you’re interested in throwing your name in the hat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 10 slots are available (members only and no more than 1 per household) so be sure to sign-up before they are all taken. More details on what to expect that day and what we’ll need from you will be provided once you confirm your entry.
- TASTERS: Come enjoy the chili and other yummy fixins (including chili condiments, cornbread, mac n cheese, hot dogs, fries and atomic ice cream) while helping us determine the best Northcrest Chili Award! Each member (adult or child) ticket sold will come with 1 voting stub. Use the links below to purchase your tickets in advance. Same-day ticket prices will be the standard $12/$15/$6 (member/non-member/child).
NORTHCREST’S ANNUAL FALL CAMPOREE
Grab your camping gear and set-up your tent in the lower 40 for an evening under the stars – complete with a campfire and s’mores fixings. Reserve your campsite below and set-up as early as 12 PM on Saturday. General rules for the camporee include:
- Bring whatever you want to camp with. Suggest a tent, sleeping bag or equivalent and flashlight minimum.
- No pets.
- No electronic music (radios, bluetooth speakers, etc.) Quiet and “inside voices” at the campfire after 9 p.m.
- No smoking
- Don’t leave a trace and pack out no later than 3 PM on Sunday
The timeline for the day includes:
- 3:30 PM Tailgate and watch the Georgia / Florida game
- 4:00 PM Chili Cookoff Tasting
- 6:30 PM Chili Cookoff Winner Announced
- 7:00 PM Camporee Kick-Off with a campfire & s’mores on the back 40
The Club is pleased to bring you a variety of social events throughout the season. If you have an idea for an event, let us know! As a member, you are welcome (even encouraged) to bring non-member guests with you to our fabulous social events. Please see individual events for specifics. You can now export events to your Google or iCal format. But be sure to check back here for any updates!